I finished a sweater! Well, like three weeks ago!
Pattern: Seberg Sweater by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Wolverine Blue and Buttercream, less than 4 skeins MC and less than 1 skein CC.
Needles: crap, forgot to note. Maybe 6s?
Start Date: April 30, 2013
Finish Date: June 4, 2013
Mods: I made the collar from a size smaller. I didn’t want it to be a huge boatneck, so I just made the collar a smaller circumference. Then after I picked up stitches for the body of the sweater, I increased up to the number of stitches that I needed for my size. I made a few other alterations in the length so that it matched up with my waist and hips. The overall length is pretty similar to the pattern though.
It’s a little bit short. Not cropped, but not much past my hip bones.
I shortened the sleeves a little bit because I don’t like it when sleeves stop at my elbow and are wadded up in my elbow crease. I think the whole sweater shrunk up a little bit when I blocked it though. It used to seem a bit roomier and longer.
Also, when I blocked it, the blue bled like crazy! This is why you should wash your swatches! Which I usually do, so I’m not sure what happened here. I tried to keep the collar out of the water for the most part, but the blue still bled onto the yellow stripes. It’s not super obvious, but the yellow is a bit murkier than it could be. I’ll have to buy some of those dye catcher sheets for when I wash it again. My Mom has a cautionary tale of machine washing her sweater of Cotton Fleece. It got pretty worn out looking after just one cycle. Just something to watch out for. I’ll probably keep handwashing this one.
I like this one. I don’t know if it’s the most flattering look for me, but I am happy with it. This is my sweater #1, and item #4 for the Epic KAL/CAL. I hope it doesn’t look too much like a UCLA sweater (especially because I work for UCLA!).